I am a terrible host in this country. You are supposed to offer someone a drink right after they get in the door. I usually forget until a little while later. I also don't buy anything to drink other than tea or water, so I don't have much to offer. I don't usually have sweets in my house because I would eat them. Therefore, I am a terrible host.
Last night I had house group at my flat. House group is like Sunday school except we do it fortnightly and we have it in our homes instead of at church. It really is a better way to do it. People get to know each other much better in a home rather than a church setting. Anyway, I went to Sainsbury's and picked up juice and cookies so I could be a good host. It didn't matter because I still forgot to offer drinks to people as they walked in. The topic for the night? Hospitality. There were plenty of jokes made, let me assure you.
In other news, England had an earthquake last night. Unfortunately I was out cold and didn't feel it.
English hospitality
- 27.2.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Ok, this is so crazy, I am starting not to understand what you're saying...like what is fortnightly, I have no idea. You're positively British!!
I love your stories, please keep writing!! And I think you're a good host.
Post a Comment