I have been checking into the logistical stuff for my move here soon. Well I only get 20 kilos of luggage with my flight and excess baggage is about $22/kilo. I'm going to be looking into air freighting, I think. Also, I am sorting through all of this junk I have accumulated over the past year and a half. My piles are take with, take to America in May, leave here and take to America later, sell/give away and throw away. Fun.
Another problem is culturally appropriate clothing. It turns out I don't have much of it. So while figuring out how to pack lightly for a move, I am still shopping for things to take. Boo.
The fun part is I have a sewing machine from my mom! I am getting all Martha Stewart on some of my clothes and they are becoming culturally appropriate. I forgot how much I love to sew!
One more note for you. I filled out this online thing a few months ago for The X Factor. I was bored and I thought it would be funny to act a fool since I can't sing. Anyway I got an invitation to audition in the mail yesterday. I considered going and acting like I thought I was good and probably name-dropping some friends and hoping to get on the show. But it turns out that would require standing in the queue at the O2 arena for like 12 hours. Not worth it.
Hmmm
- 5.4.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
hooray for sewing your own clothes! you need to take some piccies and post them! any specific colors or fabrics you are looking for? also, when do you move? and do you have your new address yet?
hope you are having a great week!
Girl I am always looking for fabric! Decent fabric costs at least £10/meter and the selection is pretty crap. But I am moving in June and I am just trying to use up every bit of fabric I have right now. haha
Post a Comment