I went to church for the first time in a long time yesterday. I almost wished I hadn't. I absolutely love church the way the English do it. People are so much more genuine and they mostly only go if they are sincerely seeking God. It's not a cultural thing to go to church here and people don't normally go out of some obligation to do so. Everyone does something to help and it doesn't leave 10% of the people doing 90% of the work like in the states. It's going to be hard to go back to American church.
In other observations, I forgot how much skin people show here when it's freezing cold outside. I haven't seen much skin in the past six months anyway and then there are these crazy girls running around with skirts so short you can almost see their bum. I saw a girl on the train (probably doing the walk of shame since she was in club-wear in the morning) and I got this awful look on my face as I gawked at her. The lady in front of me saw me look at her in disgust and then I got embarrassed. Then I realized that I hadn't seen that much leg in public in a really long time and it was just weird. Yay for re-entry.
Church and skin
- 7.12.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment