Mugging for Charity

I went to do some shopping on my lunch break today and was bombarded by people who work for charities. They are hired to raise money for the charity and they want to set up a standing order for the money to come out of your bank account every month. Actually, they usually won't even take a cash donation. They can be extremely rude and sometimes rather intimidating. I have heard them referred to as "charity muggers" or "chuggers." Usually there are several of them covering the middle of town centre. This way you have no choice but to pass through where they are standing. I usually just smile and walk around them without saying anything. If I were to open my mouth I am sure something rude would come out. Today, as I tried to get around one bloke, he stepped in front of me and would not let me pass. As I went to the other side he did it again. I couldn't believe he was being so aggressive. Maybe I should just start playing the tourist card. I'll let you know how that works.

1 comments:



Anonymous said...

You should play the tourist card!! It's so funny that you called him a bloke. :) You, Brit, you!!