Fun British Vocabulary Words
I have recently learned some fun words and I wanted to share them with you.
Bin: to throw away
Please bin your gum when you are finished with it.
Blag: to BS
I blagged my way backstage at the concert.
Knackered: completely and utterly worn out
After my 10 mile run I was knackered.
Pants: underwear, also to be terrible at something
I am pants as speaking with a British accent.
Rubbish: trash, also to be terrible at something, also to be untrue
When Bob told me he won a million pounds, I thought it was rubbish.
Vest: undershirt
I bought some new vests because my old ones had pit stains.
Waistcoat: vest
I never thought waistcoats would come back into fashion.
I hope you enjoyed today's edition of British Vocab Fun!
List for Today....
- 1.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I loved that, so completely!!
Post a Comment