Six months already?


So I have now officially lived in this country for six months.  How crazy is that?  The other day someone asked me for directions and I knew the answer.  I felt like I had arrived, to say the least. 

 
Today I was realising that the more time goes on, the more I seem to think that England is like America.  When I first got here everything seemed so different.  I felt so lost culturally and literally.  I guess the more I adjust to living here and the less I remember about being home, the more that will happen.  

There are a lot of things that I have decided I really like about being here.  There are several things I think will be even harder to adjust back to in America.  I love that everyone walks everywhere.  I like that people try to be green and recycle.  I like people aren't obligated to make small talk in the post office line.  I love that they don't tear down the old buildings to build new ones.  They just refurbish the old ones and it looks lovely.  I love the selection of cheese and chocolate.  You would think we are really close to France or something.  Sometimes I just feel like it is easier to be myself here.  Maybe I should have been born a Brit. 

The picture is of me in Cambridge last weekend.  It was really a cute little town and it was a beautiful day.

  

0 comments: