Yesterday I spent the day in London doing some stuff for work and then I went to church. I had a couple of blog-able moments to share from the day.
My coworker and I were hungry for some lunch and we had decided on Subway. She knew where one was, but that required getting back on the underground. I decided that it would be better to ask and just hit the closest one because I was ready to eat. So I walk over to this guy selling souvenirs in front of a tube station entrance and ask him where the closest subway is. He looks at me like I am totally retarded and points behind me. I turn around and my coworker is cracking up and I realize my retard moment.
We get to the Subway and I have another stupid moment. We were in an Arab part of town, so there were signs saying that the meat was halaal. Well I order my favorite chicken bacon ranch sub and then I get it and the the bacon looks really iffy. Well duh, they aren't going to serve pork in a halaal restaurant. It tasted alright though.
We went to my favorite shop on Oxford Street to look for some skirts to wear while I am in Africa this summer. My coworker pointed out a very cute, yet very brightly colored skirt. I told her that I thought I should stick to neutrals because I don't want to stand out. She then reminded me that I am white. I guess I don't have to worry too much about what color my clothes are because I am going to stick out anyway. It's true.
This is not a retard moment, but still hilarious. I was coming out of the Westminster tube station and I saw two homeless people with guitars yelling at eachother. As I got closer I realized they were arguing over territory. It reminded me of one of those movies where prostitutes throw down over a corner. Nice.
Short stories from yesterday
- 23.5.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I liked those shrt stories...they were ery funny my dear!!
Post a Comment