I have recently discovered that being in my line of work and living in a cool place like England makes for many trips to the airport. And when there is a great coffee shop with a great view of the international arrivals area, who can complain? Well last night I went to go pick up a friend from Madrid and her flight ran a little late. That was fine because we still had an hour until the last train back. Well, she had some problems coming through passport controls and we ended up on the last train home. This would have been fine except the train wasn't making the usual announcements about where it was stopping and such. I didn't realise this until the train was leaving my stop. Yikes! So we got off at the next stop and discovered that there wasn't another train going the other way and stopping at my stop. We debated on going back to the airport and taking a taxi from there since it was much closer than where we were, but that train wasn't leaving for 40 minutes and is was almost 1am anyway. In the end we decided to just take a taxi from there and about $60 and over half an hour later we made it home. I am pretty sure the guy took the long way, but oh well. I was just thankful that the first time I ended up stuck I wasn't alone! The sidewalks pretty much roll up at about 6:00 here, so 1:00 in the morning would be a bit scary alone, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Glad you are safe! Geeze, darn those cabbies!
Post a Comment