So many ridiculous things have happened to me in the past month that I don't even know where to start. But this is my attempt to recap some of the things that I probably should have blogged about.
There was the time that I almost got run over by the Prime Minister and his entourage. Apparently we live in the same neighborhood.
Then there was the time I was asking for the bathroom in Arabic (hamam) and instead asked where a similarly named terrorist organization was.
What about that one time when I was trying to go in the grocery store and they wouldn't let me and I couldn't figure out why? The security guard was making hand motions and pointing at my stuff and speaking Arabic. I later figured out that if you have bags with you, you have to check them in or get them sealed before you can shop.
My favorite is probably the time I got kicked out of a taxi on the side of this major street because it was about to break down. I had a bunch of groceries too. To keep it short, the meter read 1.15, so I thought I was being generous in giving him the 1 since I never actually made it to my destination. He disagreed and yelled at me about the rest. I gave him the last .15 while yelling "Are you kidding me?" several times. I have since learned how to say that in Arabic. I'm sure an opportunity to use it will arise.
I have also learned that it is not wise to buy decaf coffee unless it is from Starbucks. Maybe decaf means super espresso in Arabic. I'm not sure.
Remember that one time?
- 7.8.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
My word these are great!!
Post a Comment