I got to take a trip to Amsterdam this week and it was great. I saw the Anne Frank house, the canal, the Van Gogh museum, which by the way does not contain Starry Night. It's in New York at the Met and I was a bit disappointed by that. But my favorite is Almond Blossom and I got to see it and I bought a print. It's lovely. Our hostel was almost in the red light district, so I saw that as well. It was actually not quite as scandalous as I was expecting, but it was pretty bad. I also didn't really think people would be smoking pot everywhere, but they were. I don't know why I was so surprised.
When we first arrived we had to ask for directions to try and find our hostel. The guy we were talking to warned us to watch out for the bikes because they think they own the place. He was right and I now have unnatural fear of bikes. Just kidding, but I really did get hit by one. I was walking and I heard someone screaming and the little bell ringing. I knew a bike was coming at me so I just stopped. I figured she could go left or right if I stopped, but she didn't. She had managed to slow down before hitting me though, so I was able to walk away unscathed. No trip is complete without some kind of incident, I suppose.
Amsterdam
- 19.9.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment