I may have posted about this before and if that is the case, I apologize. The souvenirs I see in the shops in London are so delightfully tacky and wonderful that it causes me to wonder who actually buys these things. Several months ago I realized that souvenirs are always tacky no matter what country you visit. As I result of this epiphany, I have decided to embrace the tackiness and purchase the tackiest souvenirs I can find. I have a lovely collection so far and I probably should add pictures so that you can enjoy them as well. However I am too lazy for that, as I'm sure you have noticed by the lack of pictures posted thus far.
Back to the wonders found in London. My personal favorites are the teapots shaped like random London-esque items. You can purchase teapots shaped like a phone booth, a post box, Big Ben, Tower Bridge...oh the list goes on and on. You can also purchase plates or mugs with photos of the royal family on them. Princess Diana seems to be a favorite amongst the tacky souvenir makers. Personally I think it is a bit creepy. Another one of my favorite items you can find in a London souvenir shop is the postcard shaped like the queen's head. I have purchased and sent out a couple of these and the recipients have seemed to love them as much as I do. If you fancy one of these lovely postcards, let me know. I want to share the joy. The only thing that could be better is if they made a teapot shaped like the queen's head. I would defnitely make that purchase.
I Love Souvenirs
- 8.9.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
This should go without saying...but I want one of those postcards. ;)
Post a Comment